We are dedicated to providing a high standard of care for athletes (and non-athletes) alike, who are experiencing ongoing concussion symptoms.
Managing a concussion in an individualized manner and with evidence-based techniques is the best way to get patients back to sport, academics, or employment activities safely. Athlete’s Care is able to provide a seamless and collaborative approach to assessing and managing each athlete, tailoring rehabilitative strategies to the individual needs of the patient.
Concussion management services and strategies employed at Athlete’s Care include a combination of the following:
• Individualized Resting strategies and instruction for home care/activity restriction
• Modificationof academic and/or employment demands (“return-to-learn programming”
• Neurocognitive (ImPACT reassessment)
• Physical Therapy for associated complaints
• Rehabilitation balance, coordination, and vestibular-based impairments
• Visual Coordination Screening and oculomotor-based rehabilitation techniques
• Referral for specialized Optometric assessment where warranted (complex cases)
• Exertion/Exercise Testing in preparation for return-to-play
• Therapeutic Services (Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Massage, etc).
Should one of your patients sustain a concussive injury, our team will work together to manage the injury and remain in close communication with you, the referring Physician. Assessments with a sports medicine physician are covered by OHIP, other services are covered under most extended healthcare benefit plans.
We look forward to working together with you to co-manage your patients, providing the most complete care for concussion patients.
Guide to Mangement for Concussion Patients
4 Characteristics of a Good Concussion Clinic
A document of the Canadian Concussion Collaborative (CCC) First edition, July 2017